7 REASONS TO SELL YOUR REAL ESTATE ASSETS
The property is too much work.
- The property may require renovations, or
- A multi-tenant property has too much turnover, or
- The investor finds that they don't have the time required to invest in the property.
- Some investors decide it's easier to sell, and exchange, into a less intensive management property, such as a single-tenant net lease investment.
The partners are dissolving their partnership.
- Partners separate for many reasons - their goals no longer align.
- They may sell the partnership assets and split the proceeds.
- Each partner may decide to exchange into other real estate assets separately.
Reduce tax liability through depreciation.
- The larger the value of the property, the larger depreciation can be claimed.
- Depreciation is based on the useful life of the property (building only, not the land), as determined by the IRS, typically 39 years on a commercial investment property.
- Some sellers prefer to sell a property that has appreciated significantly, so they can trade
into a larger asset and enjoy the benefits of reducing or even eliminating their taxable
income each year.
Obtain a 'Property Valuation' for your commercial property nationwide.